milano

The first few days in Milan have been amazing, overwhelming, and so fun! I am living in apartment with six other girls: five are college students from the US and one is an Italian university student (our community assistant). It has been so fun living with a bunch of new people and learning how to live in a new country together.
When I arrived on Monday, I got to see the Duomo and it was breathtaking. Even though Milan isn't known as one of the most beautiful places in Italy, it still has so much culture, history, and beauty.
I am in love with the food here, especially their idea of a happy hour. Aperitivo is the Italian version of a happy hour and for a price of around 8 to 15 euros, you receive one drink (wine, beer, cocktail, etc, which usually cost more individually than the aperitivo as a whole) and it's all you can eat!
Bar Piccolo Teatro
Arco della pace
It has only been a week, but I feel like I've been here forever. It seems so normal to meet everyone at the Duomo and take weekend trips to other nice places. I've become used to the metro system that we use to take everywhere and drinking wine with meals. It makes me sad to think that I only have three and a half months here, but I'm so excited to make the most of it!

ciao

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

Noel Utsugi + Tyra Ippongi