Favorites + feminism

Sam Edelman Trina sandals // Chance Chanel eau de toilette // Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
Feminist: a person who believes in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.

It seems almost petty to talk about perfume and shoes in the same post as feminism and women's rights. However, feminism should not be such a controversial issue. We shouldn't have to dedicate books, speeches, and blog posts to it, but we have to in order to destroy the stigma faced by people who label themselves as feminists. I don't want to be labeled as a misandrist or fanatic whenever the word feminism leaves my mouth. However, that will only end when people begin learning what feminism really is and getting used to women (and men) standing up for their rights whether it's in a book, conversation, or blog post. With that, let's talk about fashion and feminism.
These shoes are my absolute favorite. They are perfect and you need to buy them. I already have them in three different colors because if you love something, you don't let it go, you keep it forever and buy it in every single color. That's how the saying goes, right? These shoes are comfortable because of the padded sole, simple, and have a small silver/gold heel that gives a bit of height without taking away from comfort. Nordstrom usually has them on sale and they sell out quickly, so grab them while you can!
This perfume is my very first actual perfume and I was a gift from my little. Maybe guys pick better perfumes than girls do? I always seem to think all perfumes smell the same--flowery, sweet, and way too strong. However, this one is fresh, light, and more...musky? I'm not sure if that's the right descriptive scent word. You'll just have to trust me that it's awesome.
As cliche as it sounds, this book changed my outlook on life. As a business major, it's a reality that one day I will be working in a large company, undoubtedly with men.  Sandberg's book brought to light so many issues that I have not been paying attention to. Again, I can't do this book the justice it deserves. You'll just have to trust me and read it.
Don't want to or don't have time to read it? This article is a great read about sexual objectification.
Hope I didn't bore you with too many words. Happy Sunday!

xx, Noel



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

Noel Utsugi + Tyra Ippongi